CDC.. a previously healthy male employee of a Wisconsin beef farm was found dead near the edge of an outdoor 60,400 square foot (1.4 acre) manure storage basin (Figure). People who have experienced the heartbreak of losing a baby are being encouraged to attend a remembrance ceremony. We have sent a confirmation email to Please check your email and click on the link to activate your account. The study found that the share of Kentucky workers who received an opioid prescription for their injury decreased from 54 percent before the law to 44 percent after its took effect – a drop of almost 19 percent.
A University of Wisconsin farm safety expert advised the coroner to test the decedent’s blood for evidence of hydrogen sulfide exposure; blood thiosulfate level was 9.2 μg/mL, consistent with lethal hydrogen sulfide exposure as the cause of death (2).
As a health insurer, we have a responsibility to do what we can to address this health epidemic and we are committed to making a significant difference to our members,” Deb Moessner, president of Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield in Kentucky, said in the release.
Asphyxiation deaths associated with manure storage typically occur in confined spaces not intended for continuous occupancy (1). Zika virus can be a serious health threat, but now researchers say the virus itself could help treat another devastating illness — brain cancer.
Our team of reviewers applies 10 standardized criteria to news stories that include claims about health care interventions. Among 17 decedents with pneumoconiosis due to talc dust, 13 (76%) involved multiple drug use or drug overdose and none worked in talc exposure-associated jobs.